Thursday, December 25, 2014

What is Christmas to you and what are you most grateful for?

Christmas to me is all about family.  It is a time to share everlasting memories.  It is a special time to show your love ones that they mean more to you than anyone else.  It is a time of year to put aside all differences and come together.  No matter what your religion is, this time of year we can all agree it is a time for a celebration.  I am thankful for my wife and all my children.  I have 11 all together one of which died at birth and is with God but I know she watches over us.  I have two beautiful grandchildren.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I am surrounded by love.  It feels good to have this type of warmth in my life.

I love giving even more than I love receiving.  The feeling of giving is indescribable.  I love to see the smile the other person gets when I give them a present.  I gave my wife perfume makeup and a gift card to a spa, and she was so excited.  My wife got me two pair of shoes and a fishing pole which are the things I want most.  I felt happier when I saw her face.  I guess her happiness is more important to me, as it should be.  My children got to many things to name lol, but to see their little faces light up was priceless. 

I can not imagine a Christmas without my family.  Take your time out today and hug and kiss you love one.  Enjoy your blessed day.  Embrace the fact that you have all that love around you, some people don't.  I pray right now that the people that do not feel loved know that someone up above cares.  If you are out there and have no one to talk to message me and I will share some of my time with you, because no one should have to be alone on Christmas.  I love you all, this is Rodney Larkins with Soul Filled Life What is Christmas to you and what are you most grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment